FOR PET MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, OUR 24 HOUR EMERGENCY HOSPITAL IS LOCATED AT:
VCA VETERINARY REFERRAL AND EMERGENCY CENTER
123 West Cedar Street, Norwalk, CT 06854
Please call us or click here for directions to our location.
VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center is a fully-equipped 24/7/365 emergency hospital serving communities in and surrounding Southern Fairfield County. If you suspect your pet may be having a medical crisis, our emergency and critical care team of specialists are here and fully prepared to help your pet.
Our highly trained emergency and critical care teams have direct access to our facility's full complement of state-of-the-art equipment. In addition, they are aided by the support of the hospital's entire interdisciplinary team of specialists, as well as the referring veterinarian '" all working in concert to deliver the most effective and expeditious treatment possible. Pet medical emergencies can be stressful and traumatic for owners as well as their pets. So we provide prompt, attentive, personal service starting the very first moment a patient arrives with a quick, clear line of communication to the primary care veterinarian and pet owner.
Our Emergency and Critical Care units can assist in all of the following situations:
- Traumatic injuries - fractures, bites, burns, lacerations
- Automobile accidents
- Wounds, bleeding
- Respiratory emergencies, choking
- Vomiting, diarrhea
- Difficulty urinating or defecating
- Shock, loss of consciousness
- Dizziness, staggering, tremors
- Toxic reactions, poison ingestion
- Labor and delivery problems
- Blood in urine or feces
- Swollen, hard, painful abdomen
Our ICU's specialized services and equipment:
- 24-hour care and monitoring by veterinarians and veterinary nurses
- Complete diagnostic lab for immediate test results
- Blood gas analyzer
- Emergency surgery
- Digital radiography and ultrasound
- Oxygen therapy
- Pulse-Oximetry, End-Tidal CO2, blood pressure and continuous ECG monitoring
- Continuous rate infusion for IV fluids and meds
- Advanced pain management
- Nutritional support
VCA Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center's Emergency and Critical Care Specialists can help in the event of a medical crisis. When every second counts, we're here and ready to assist you and your pet. For immediate medical assistance or for information, please call our center at 203-854-9960.