What is Diagnostic Imaging?
Diagnostic imaging is the technique and process used to create images of the body (or parts and function thereof) for clinical purposes (medical procedures seeking to reveal, diagnose or examine disease) or medical science (including the study of normal anatomy and physiology).
What Diagnostic Imaging services are available to me and my pet at VCA South Shore Animal Hospital?
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Computed Tomography (CT)
Services Offered in Diagnostic Imaging
- Abdominal ultrasonography-abdominocentesis and cystocentesis
- Thoracic ultrasonography / thoracocentesis
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT scanning)
- Digital radiography
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- OFA and PennHip evaluations
- Diagnosis and medical management of liver shunts
- Brain and spinal MRI
- CT Myelography
- Spinal radiography and fluoroscopy
- CT scan (brain, bullae, skull, spine)
- Hip dysplasia diagnosis and management