Patients and Visitors
Please be sure to check with us prior to your pet's first visit with Animal Specialty Center to find out what forms and other information you will need to bring with you.
What to Expect When Your Pet Needs Surgery
1. The day of your consultation you will meet with one of our doctors and discuss your pet's condition. If surgery or further work-up is indicated and you are ready, your pet can be admitted to the hospital.
2. You will receive a treatment plan and an estimate of charges.
3. For the duration of pet's stay you will be updated if there are any significant changes to your pet's treatment plan or estimate of charges. A 50% deposit is required. Payment is requied at the time services are rendered. If you have any financial concerns please see one of our Customer Services Representative.
3. If you need to investigate special payment options other than cash, check, or credit card, we also accept Care Credit which is a medical lending agency. To learn more about Care Credit or apply now, please visit www.carecredit.com/vetmd. We will also assit you with any pet insurance that you may have for your pet.
4. If you would like, you may help settle your pet inot one of our wards before you leave so that you know where they will be staying. If your pet has a favorite bed or blanket you may bring it with you for your pet.
5. Your doctor will call you as soon as surgery is over and your pet is in recovery. The doctor will give you an update on the surgery and the plan for the rest of the day. Each day your pet is in our hospital, our referral coordinator or the doctor will call you between 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM to give you an update on your pet's recovery.
6. You are welcome to vist your pet each day that he/she remains in the hospital. We ask that you respect our visitation policy so we can ensure that your pet, as well as our other patients, receive the proper attention and care they deserve.
- Visiting hours are from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- ICU patients can be visited for 15 minute intervals ony, up to four times per day, with one hour between visits
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times
- After hour visiting can be arranaged with our Hospital Manager. Please call 803-798-0803 to make after hour visitation arrangements.
7. When your is ready to go home, our Referral Coordinator will help you schedule a discharge appointment. You will meet with one of our discharge nurses to review your home care instructions. They will discuss medications